Hope Risings Specialized Foster CareSpecializing in Survivors of Sexual Abuse
What it Takes
Hope Rising will provide a list of minimum requirements at our informational meeting. The requirements include financial stability without the foster care income that you would receive for the care of the children, having an adequate home size, passing a background check, completing preparation training including the 4 day Hands that Heal Certification Training, and completing a Home Study evaluation.
Being a foster parent to children who have survived sex trafficking, exploitation and abuse is not for the faint of heart. It requires a calling and a commitment. The joy comes when you see the broken and battered girl transform into a woman who knows her worth and purpose and become the person she was meant to be. We train foster parents how to use trauma-informed care to help the children in their care push through the pain and anger and achieve lasting recovery. Hope Rising also provides ongoing trainings, respite care and wrap around services. There is immediate access to an on-call case managers for emergencies. Foster children receive free medical care and therapy, and foster parents receive a daily reimbursement to help pay for their foster child’s living expenses.
It Takes a Village
Hope Rising strives to give every foster child an environment that is by God’s design, a family that is nurturing and encouraging, but that also helps to build their character using Biblical principals. We understand that life in general can be hard and confusing to navigate, but add to that layers of trauma, neglect and abuse and life can become chaotic and painful. Our homes and wrap around services allow many individuals to become part of the child’s support structure. We provide safe mentors, tutors, life skills coaches, music therapy, art therapy and equine therapy. Most of all, the child gets to experience the unconditional love and commitment of a Christian family, and the support and encouragement of a church community.
Foster Care is a Ministry
If you feel called by God to do this work, are passionate about ministering to these girls, please fill out the interest form to begin the vetting process or if you just want more information.
Hope Rising holds monthly foster care/adoption informational meetings. This is the perfect opportunity to learn about the foster care system and to have all your questions answered. Contact us for dates and times.
- Complete an application
- Criminal background check
- Attend specialized care training and foster parenting training(s) required by the state.
When our foster parents have a family emergency, need personal time, or just need a break, they depend on Respite Providers to provide short-term care for their foster children. It’s simple to become a respite provider:
Foster Parents Needed
Facility Name: Hope Rising – Long Term Foster Care
Contact Person: Renee Encinias
Contact Email: Renee.email@example.com
Our focus is on specialized care foster homes for children who have experienced complex trauma; however, we also place children in homes that are at a basic and moderate level of care. We place children from birth to 18.
Our mission, to put it simply, is to provide hope and a future to children and to foster wholeness and healing to at-risk families and children. – Jeremiah 29:11
- Provide 24-hour care of foster children with various diagnoses such as RAD, ADD, ADHD, FASD, Bipolar, Conduct Disorder, Developmental Delays, and other emotional needs.
- Encourage and reinforce appropriate behaviors through trauma-informed care using trust-based behavior management techniques.
- Respond quickly and appropriately in emotional/behavioral crisis situations using the least restrictive intervention necessary to maintain safety of the child and others.
- Attend court hearings and foster care review boards to ensure successful, clear communication of essential information. Provide mentoring in life skills as teens approach adulthood.
- Acts as an educational advocate for children with regard to school placement, 504 accommodations, and Individual Education Plans for special education. Work with teachers and administrators to develop effective Behavior Intervention Plan based on child’s specific emotional needs.
- If fostering a Specialized level child that has been diagnosed with PTSD, the child may need to attend our virtual charter school and will need supervision during school learning and activities.
- Attend to health care needs – ensuring that regular medical, psychiatric, and dental checkups, hearing and vision exams, as well as other special medical needs assessments and appointments, as they arise, are kept.
- Attend all therapies (physical, occupational, speech, equine, etc.) and implement therapy strategies recommended.
Consult with psychiatrists about efficacy of child medications.
- Coordinate with social workers, ad litems, CASAs, and others involved in the case to ensure that all physical and emotional needs of the child is met.
- Work with Hope Rising to identify child’s needs and exploring resources and services to be executed in an Individual Service Plan.
- Maintain records for child’s time in foster care; including medical/dental records, daily medication dosage records, developmental milestones, educational documentation, etc.
The right people will identify with our core values of:
- INTEGRITY – Adhering to the moral and ethical principles of Christ.
- COMPASSION – Offering hope, love & reconciliation
- STEWARDSHIP – Being faithful to manage God’s call & Resources
- FAITH – Believing God for who is and trusting him to see his will come to fruition
- COMMUNITY – Working together & supporting one another
- SERVANTHOOD – Dedicating ourselves to the success of others
- DISCIPLESHIP – Making devoted lovers of Christ
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Submitting to and providing ethical, spiritual and financial oversight
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Married Couple or Single Female
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related experience/education
- Valid Texas Driver’s license w/excellent driving record
- Ability to care for up to 6 children
- Must possess and exhibit behavior that demonstrates cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Must possess and exhibit high moral standards
If this sounds like the position for you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.